Recap: Highlights from 2020 Weekdays with Bernie
Best-in-class industry updates. Dynamic leadership presentations. And the latest updates with HRIS BerniePortal—all presented virtually. The third annual Weekdays with Bernie showcased more than just where the benefits industry is—the user conference talked where it’s heading next. Here are some of the key takeaways from this year’s event.
What's New with BerniePortal?
Led by Bernard Health Founder and CEO Alex Tolbert, this essential session concluded Day 1 of Weekdays with Bernie by showcasing all of the latest updates with all-in-one HRIS platform BerniePortal.
Notable updates to BerniePortal from the past year include:
- Custom reporting capabilities
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) improvements
- Mass salary updates
- New report: Time & PTO by pay period
- Onboarding checklists
- IP restriction for time
- Native COBRA capabilities
- New marketing offerings: BernieU training courses and HR Party of One YouTube/Podcast series
- Development of BernieForms for streamlined health questionnaire process
- Launch of BerniePortal Broker Partner Network to enable local, on-the-ground advisors to help employers optimize their benefits and HR
You can see all product updates here.
What users can expect in the next 12 months:
- A version of BerniePortal Applicant Tracking System available for free
- Alpine will offer BernieBill beginning January 2021
- Passive open enrollment option
- BerniePortal Broker Services (BBS) will offer an email marketing package to broker partners beginning summer 2020
- New Success Team Members available as backup for broker partners with “simple questions”
- Two more carriers offering BernieBill
- Two more payroll companies offering integration with BerniePortal
Other Key Highlights for Brokers
- How to Use Marketing to Generate Leads for Your Agency: A few key marketing tools and best practices can help enhance your agency’s lead generation—and help you better understand your prospects and clients.
- What You Need to Know to Sell Benefits Virtually: The coronavirus has changed almost everything. But what remains is that employers will still need to administer benefits to their employees. For brokers, this presents an excellent opportunity to win new clients.
- How Brokers Can Use an HRIS to Expand Benefits Offerings: By utilizing a robust HRIS, successful benefits brokers can help earn clients and solve transactional HR problems by expanding their offerings.
Other Key Highlights for Employers
- Recruiting, Hiring, Managing, and Retaining Millennials: Your deep-dive into finding, hiring, managing, and retaining the largest generation currently in the U.S. labor force—and how an HRIS and ATS can help.
Congratulations to Brandon Mills, Mark Digaudio, and David Malczewski for winning the leaderboard competition during this year’s event! Their prize packages include a grab-bag of BerniePortal gear and free tickets to 2021 Weekdays with Bernie.
For employers, the coronavirus pandemic presents a number of challenges large and...
There’s an art to onboarding that can be frequently overlooked and underappreciated....
December 2019 | Nashville-based online benefits and HR software platform,...