New Organizational Culture Survey Tool
With return to work in full swing, studies are finding that it is more important than ever for companies to focus on creating a good company culture. The new BerniePortal Performance feature, Surveys, makes it easier for leadership teams to keep a pulse on culture with individual and organizational surveys.
How Surveys Work in BerniePortal
Under the Performance tab, you will be able to send out multiple types of surveys. Whether you are a manager who wants to check in on your direct report’s performance or you want to get a clear understanding of how the whole company feels about a certain topic, you can create surveys from one centralized location. BerniePortal Surveys include:
- The ability to utilize different survey styles such as yes or no answers, 1-10 scale ratings, and written responses. You can also pair a written response with either the yes/no and 1-10 scale ratings, if you want employees to elaborate on their answer further.
- The option to share survey results with all employees or keep results private.
- The Question Library allows you to store past survey questions if you want to reuse them on a periodic basis. For example, you may want to ask your team members once a quarter how happy they are in their role to measure employee satisfaction. You can create this survey question in your library and activate it when you are ready to send it out each quarter.
- Subgroups give the option to select which group of employees receive the survey, allowing you to be more personalized and intentional with survey questions.
Types of Company Surveys:
Organizational survey: As you reflect back on the last year, you may decide you want to gauge how your employees felt office COVID guidelines and return to work was handled by your leadership team. With BerniePortal, you can send out a written response survey asking directly how your employees feel it was handled. This will give every employee the opportunity to express their honest opinions and give your team ideas on what you should continue doing and could improve on.
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to refer someone to work for our company?
- How would you describe our company culture?
- Do you feel our company goals are clearly communicated?
- Do you feel like your manager is accessible to you? Yes or no?
- Do you feel like our company encourages work life balance? If not, please elaborate.
Individual employee survey: It’s the end of a quarter and you want to check in on your employees’ performance. With this feature you are able to send out an individual survey to your employee to ask how the quarter went and if they hit their quarterly goals. And to continue down the path of company-wide transparency, we incorporated a 360 degree survey feature to ask team members about their peers' performance. Individual surveys hold employees accountable while providing a platform to praise their hard work.
- If you could change one thing about your role, what would it be?
- How could I better support you in your role?
- On a scale of 1-10, how achievable do you feel your goals are?
- Do you feel valued at work?
- Do you feel everyone on your team carries their weight equally? If not, please elaborate.
These are just a few examples of how you can utilize the survey feature. It is 100% customizable and you can ask any questions you deem important for your company. Sending out employee survey questions won't be beneficial if the response rates aren’t high, which is why BerniePortal sends out an email to every employee when a new survey is posted that requires their attention.
Respective employees will also see it listed under their to-do section every time they sign into their BerniePortal account as another reminder.
We hope you find that honest employee feedback through company surveys, leads to happier team members and a work culture that is sought after.
Are you ready to see our new Surveys feature in action? You won't regret it, we promise.
Every HR pro should familiarize themselves with accounts receivables.