BerniePortal Adds Onboarding Checklist Feature for New Hires
A new BerniePortal feature makes it easier than ever for employers to onboard new teammates. With the addition of the onboarding checklist feature, admins can now construct custom task assignments when preparing to welcome new employees to their teams. The result? A more efficient, more compliant onboarding process.
What’s the Story Behind This New Update?
The update, which allows admins to create customized onboarding checklists, streamlines the new hire process for teams. It's available now for all BerniePortal admins.
How to Build Custom Onboarding Checklists in BerniePortal in Five Steps
New onboarding checklists can be constructed using the following steps:
- From your admin homepage, select Onboarding -> Settings -> Checklists -> Add New Checklist.
- Admins can customize their team’s onboarding checklists by department, meaning managers can now easily track essential new hire tasks leading up to day one and beyond.
- Customizable checklists appear as an option in a dropdown menu dedicated to onboarding new hires.
- Admins can easily recognize any outstanding onboarding items remaining for new hires to complete.
- Admins can quickly mark off tasks as they’re completed, leading to a more efficient onboarding process—and even less room for error when it comes to new hire compliance.
Simple Enhancement, Huge Rewards
It’s no secret that onboarding is key to employee retention. According to SHRM, “[n]ew employees who went through a structured onboarding program were 58 percent more likely to be with the organization after three years.”
This latest BerniePortal update is a simple enhancement that could yield major rewards. When implemented as part of a larger, comprehensive onboarding strategy, HR teams can make a significant impact on their team’s retention rate.
Admins should consider it another tool in their onboarding toolbox—an excellent organizational asset during one of the most important periods in an employee’s tenure with a company. Not to mention that once implemented, the checklists can save time for admins and ensure a more compliant onboarding process.
BerniePortal announced on Sept. 24, 2020, the addition of passive open enrollment, a...
For employers, the coronavirus pandemic presents a number of challenges large and...