Prospecting for Gold at Weekdays with Bernie
Weinstein's session started by explaining the importance of creating buyer personas for your company. A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers. Your company's personas should include information on your customer's age, location, preferred method of communication, job responsibilities and pain points.
Building on the topic of buyer personas, Weinstein shared data from BerniePortal's 2019 HR Today and Tomorrow Survey Report which can be used to help formulate your own buyer personas.
Highlights from the report included:
- 56% of those surveyed said they were the only person responsible for managing HR at their company.
- The top three challenges for HR departments are compliance, HR administration and recruiting.
- The majority of employers are using HR software, but are not able to manage the entire employee lifecycle on one platform.
Weinstein then shared some tips and tricks for lead generation best practices, including:
- When creating a lead magnet (a piece of gated content) you should always create a landing page with a form that leads have to fill out in order to access the content, and your form should contain as few questions as possible.
- Using the advanced search function on LinkedIn is a great way to find and connect with prospects.
- When connecting with someone on LinkedIn, you should always opt to send a personal message as opposed to using the generic template.
- The chance of a lead entering the sales process is 21x greater if you follow up with them within 5 minutes of the lead converting on your site.
- On average, it takes 10 touches for a lead to convert to a closed-won customer.
During her presentation, Weinstein also shared several free, or low cost tools to help assist with your marketing and lead generation efforts. Those tools included:
- Canva: Free design software
- MailChimp: Free landing page software that connects directly to your email list
- HubSpot CRM: Free CRM software
- HootSuite: Social media management software
Also highlighted was the co-branded marketing collateral that all BerniePortal Broker Partners are able to access and distribute to their clients and prospects to help close and retain business. (If you are a broker who is currently using BerniePortal and would like to access these materials, please reach out to your Client Success team member).
Weinstein also highlighted the newly announced BerniePortal Broker Network Directory. The Broker Network Directory allows employers to search for broker's in their area who are already using BerniePortal and to reach out to them directly and provide their contact information. (If you are a broker who is currently using BerniePortal and would like to create a listing on the Broker Partner Network, please reach out to your Client Success team member).
Want to join the Broker Partner Network Directory and start generating free leads for new business? Request a demonstration of BerniePortal today to learn how you can become a BerniePortal partner.
As of 2019, LinkedIn has more than 500 million users, and 154 million of them are...