Top 5 Things to Look for in a Payroll Provider
For small businesses, payroll can be daunting. From tax obligations to compliance concerns, employers can’t just hand out cash or write checks on payday. Running payroll is an ongoing process that you have to manage carefully from the moment your first employee is hired. And when there’s a problem, you need to solve it quickly so employees are paid accurately and on time.
Why Choosing a Payroll Provider Is So Important
Payroll is often the biggest expense for a company, and making a payroll mistake can drive that cost even higher. If you’re running payroll yourself with spreadsheets or your provider is unreliable, mistakes are practically guaranteed.
That’s why you need a payroll provider you can trust.
So, in the latest episode of HR Party of One—BerniePortal’s popular podcast and YouTube series—Elisabeth explains the top 5 qualities of a great payroll provider. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of how to manage one of HR’s biggest challenges and stay fair and compliant in your compensation practices.
You can stay informed, educated, and up-to-date with important HR topics using BerniePortal’s comprehensive resources:
- BerniePortal Blog—a one-stop-shop for HR industry news
- HR Glossary—featuring the most common HR terms, acronyms, and compliance
- HR Guides—essential pillars, covering an extensive list of comprehensive HR topics
- BernieU—free online HR courses, approved for SHRM and HRCI recertification credit
- HR Party of One—our popular YouTube series and podcast, covering emerging HR trends and enduring HR topics
Intro We live in an ever-changing world where each day spawns new challenges that...